[mythtv-users] HDHR 0-byte recordings

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 22:27:01 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 3:23 PM, James Orr <james.orr7 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> My scan seems to only be finding SD channels ...  I'm on comcast and I
>> used scte65scan as such ...
>> ./scte65scan -H FFFFFFFF -p -f3,4 -V 3003
>> us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256 > vct.sql
>> Source 4 is my local OTA listing on schedules direct, which is what I used
>> previously, but the results I'm getting from the scan look more like basic
>> cable listings.
>> How can I get my HD channels back?
>
> Just to check, I just tuned my TV directly to FOX in HD and that works fine,
> so HD channels are there somewhere ...

scte65scan isn't exactly a scan-- not in the traditional sense.  It
just checks all the channels for SCTE 65 tables-- since these tables
are used to populate the virtual channel table of DTAs, which are SD
only, the tables would not contain the HD channels that are in the
clear, or even necessarily all of the SD channels in the clear.  They
will only contain whatever the cable company has decided should be
visible on these SD devices.

If you want all your channels, do a real scan, in Myth.

Robert