[mythtv-users] mythfrontend and Gnome or mythfrontend sans window manager with firefox?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 18:03:17 UTC 2010

Hello all!

I'm getting a MythTV system going for my parents, the kitchen frontend
will also double as a light desktop (basically firefox). I'm thinking
of having the desktop be Gnome since that is what she has on her
laptop. When I do that mythfrontend doesn't cover the upper and lower
panels and I'm not quite sure how to get it to display full screen, so
any help with that would be great!

Side question: I also thought perhaps run without a window manager and
just having firefox as an option on the menu since that's really all
they would be using other than MythTV on that computer. Has anyone
tried this?

thanks!

--
Steve