[mythtv-users] nVidia ION2 brightnes/dimming

Dave Richardson mythtv at derdev.com
Fri Oct 8 13:20:21 UTC 2010

On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 22:11:51 +1000, Anthony Giggins
<seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:
> On 8 October 2010 21:59, Kenni Lund <kenni at kelu.dk> wrote:
>
>> 2010/10/8 jmk <jmk at foofus.net>:
>> > I've noticed an issue with the display brightness
>> > periodically changing.
>>
>> I friend of mine had a similar problem with his new MythTV setup - it
>> was actually his Phillips TV trying to "improve" the
>> contrast/brightness from HDMI connected devices. Unfortunately, I
>> don't think he was able to disable the feature on his TV :-/
>>
>> Best regards
>> Kenni
>>

> It Could also be the "Eco"  Settings on the TV which are probably set to
> auto or something similar.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anthony

I had a SHARP LCD that had an enabled-by-default Advanced setting called
something like Dynamic Contrast or Dynamic Brightness.  I panicked badly
about the issues it was creating (that I was associating with Myth) until
someone on this list advised me that such settings exist and need to
disabled with prejudice.