[mythtv-users] HD Homerun Recordings Randomly Breaking

Jamie Stotz wstotz at toad.net
Fri Oct 8 04:08:46 UTC 2010

>I just started having problems with my HD Homerun recordings. At seemingly
>random times, the frontend will report that recordings are in progress. But
>attempting to play the recording will report that the file cannot be found.
>Mythweb reports a zero sized recording. Last night, trying to record House,
>the backend log shows:

I had this happen to me 2 weeks ago when I upgraded to 23-1 on my Mythdora
12.23 system. I was without reliable recordings for a week. Last weekend,
I deleted and re-added all the video sources, cards, and inputs. I also
used yum extender to install all the updates it wanted to.
I now have a system that seems to be recording reliably. Unfortunately, I
don't know what fixed the problem because I can't remember which order I
did them in.

I was running kernel version 2.6.32.11.99.fc12.x86_64, I'm now running
version 2.6.32.21-168.fc12.x86_64.

current myth version
# mythbackend --version
MythTV Version   : 0.23.1-2.fc12 (r25902)
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-23-fixes
Network Protocol : 23056
Library API      : 0.23.1.201000710-1
QT Version       : 4.6.3