[mythtv-users] Report: Kworld UB435-Q working well!

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Oct 8 02:28:08 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Gavin Peters <gavin at ytz.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 9:37 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>>
>> Here's the howto for Fedora 13 (and later) users:
>>
>> 1) Plug the stick in
>> 2) Use it
>>
>> :)
>>
>> There are benefits to a) being the one that wrote the patches to begin
>> with and b) having commit access to my distro of choice's kernel. ;)
>>

> Well done!  And thanks again for answering my questions as I groped my way
> to making this device work in Ubuntu.
> Now, how about Chrome or Chromium in Fedora 14?  :-)

I already use Chrome on a daily basis on my mostly Fedora 13 (but
partly Fedora 14) laptop... (Google-provided build from their yum
repo, Chrome in Fedora's own repos isn't possible).

Packaging of Chromium is happening, but Google does some seriously
nasty crap that doesn't fly with Fedora's packaging requirements,
making it a losing battle at times. Also, not my area. I do mostly
kernel stuff. :)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com