[mythtv-users] ATI Questions

Michael Papet mpapet at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 7 21:34:43 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have a recent vintage Thinkpad t400 with both an ATI and Intel graphics adapter as a mythtv frontend.  I get good HD playback with the ATI adapter and the fglrx driver using Debian-multimedia.org mythtv packages.

A couple of questions have come up.

1. The current status of XvMC support is unclear on the ATI adapter.  It is not a working option as a playback option.  Everything works okay, it's just that in the past, XvMC made a big difference for me.  See the following:
2010-10-06 22:42:29.499 VideoOutputXv: XvMC Adaptor Name: 'ATI Radeon AVIVO Video'
2010-10-06 22:42:29.510 XvMCOSD::CreateBuffer() failed because no subpicture is available
2010-10-06 22:42:29.548 NVP(0): Forcing decode extra audio option on (Video method requires it).

2. Opengl as a playback option lowers my cpu use, but crashes every time I exit playing anything.  The crash is a segmentation fault.  I don't know the history of opengl work in mythtv so I'm wondering would a bug report would generate sufficient interest?

Thanks in advance,

mpapet