[mythtv-users] My perfect HTPC

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Oct 7 18:14:41 UTC 2010

  On 10/7/2010 14:01, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> I need a PCIe slot on the board to add the DVB-S2 tunner, an if it has
> a mini PCIe slot for a little SSD drive, it will be perfect.

What use would a SSD be to MythTV?  On a backend, surely you don't
intend to record to it, and we don't generate enough database traffic
for an SSD to make sense.  If you're looking for boot times, just put it
in standby instead.  On a frontend, the only disk usage is going to be
on startup, and if you're looking to just get rid of a noisy hard drive,
use network boot.