[mythtv-users] Mount music on frontends

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Oct 7 01:32:35 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 06:27:09PM -0400, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>  On 10/6/2010 17:13, Brian Wood wrote:
> >On Wednesday, October 06, 2010 02:58:23 pm Josu Lazkano wrote:
> >>Hello everybody! I have a backend/fronted HTPC with lots of music on
> >>the hard disk. I use MythMusic plugin to play. I have two laptos that
> >>works as fronteds, I want to play all the music on them.
> >>
> >>Is there any script to mount the backend music folder on the laptops
> >>when mythfronted starts?
> >>
> >>Is there any better solution?
> >>
> >>I prefer to use SSH mount, is better than SMB?
> >SSH uses encryption, with the overhead that encryption/decryption entails.
>
> SSH alsa uses FUSE, with its own overhead.  Best to just stick with
> NFS.  You could use something like AutoFS to automount the music
> folders as you need them.

    You can drop sshf mounts into /etc/fstab and have it do all of the
usual automounting type stuff. I did this with my jailbroken iphone.
The Ubuntu mount manager even prompts you for a password when you mount
the sshfs disk. If you use key based logins, you could probably make it
look like any other normal mountpoint. Not that I would bother for this
situation...