[mythtv-users] a read-only disk/directory in a storage group?

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 11:39:41 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 6:21 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-10-05 at 23:41 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>
>> Your best bet would be fix the file system--copy the recordings
>> elsewhere, then reformat, then copy the recordings back.
>
> Yeah, that's my process right now.  First I am deleting all recordings
> in the Deleted Group so that I don't waste time moving recordings that
> are going to expire anyway and because the disk I am going to
> temporarily store the recordings on smaller than the device I am going
> to reformat.
>
> But man is deleting recordings slow, like 5-10 or so seconds per
> recording, on XFS.
>
> FWIW people, it's XFS that is corrupting here and it's XFS that I am
> ridding myself of.  Going to ext4 thanx.

I wouldn't tout ext4 as a savior too much..  There are still many
patches happening (some of which without, I lost a couple TB of data)
every day..  I can only assume the xfs situation you speak of is
related to the stuff happening on  lkml..  I guess the sgi folks only
get excited when there are at least 256 cpus in a machine  :)

I went back to resiser..  It has always been good to me..

Personally, I cannot believe RH went with ext4 and 2.6.32 as their
platfor of choice for RHEL6..  It's gonna undo them...  I bet their
support costs go through the roof...