[mythtv-users] Controlling how far into a recording the preview thumbnail snapshot is taken

George Poulson george.poulson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 09:02:18 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I think I may have seen a setting for this somewhere so I'm sorry if it is
an FAQ, but I can't find anything again now and Google isn't coming up with
anything helpful.

Because I start my recordings ahead of the scheduled time (some programmes
occasionally start 'early' here in the UK) I am frequently finding that the
preview 'thumbnail' is a screenshot of an advertisement rather than of the
content of the programme itself.

It's not a 'biggie' I know, but if there's any way of moving the 'snapshot'
further into the recording it would help me to improve the WAF even more :)

Thanks for any advice on this!
George