[mythtv-users] [SOLVED] Re: Help, mythtv has stopped recording and I don't understand why!

mythtv at blandford.net mythtv at blandford.net
Wed Oct 6 03:07:20 UTC 2010

On 10/05/2010 07:59 PM, mythtv at blandford.net wrote:
> On 10/05/2010 07:54 PM, mythtv at blandford.net wrote:
>
>> I have also run mysqlcheck against the mythtv tables and they all say
>> they are ok.
>>
>> I can see previously recorded shows and play them. I can also watch live
>> tv via my PVR-500 and HDhomerun.
>>
>> Fedora did update mysql in the last few days and I ran mysql_upgrade
>> just to make sure and it comes back without errors as well.
>>
>> Running mythfilldatabase shows that I have data up through Oct 18th.
>>
>> Please help me figure out what is wrong!
>

> Also, looking the listing page, I can see all of the program schedules
> out 14 days.
>
> In the recordings schedule page, I can see all of the titles that I want
> to record. I am just confused why they aren't getting scheduled.

Arrgh!!!

Nevermind, I figured it out.  It was related to the mysql package update
from Fedora.

It looks like post update, the group for the mysql database tables
became owned by group 27 - which was mysql before the upgrade.  Now
mysql is group 488.

chgrp'ing those files back to mysql and restarting mysql seems to fix
the problem.  It looks like the scheduler couldn't create a temporary
table and that was the source of the problem.

Michael