[mythtv-users] Mytharchive

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 02:13:03 UTC 2010

I have been playing with mytharchive for the past couple of days.  I
have made a couple of modifications to it, but the base functions are
the same.  I was wondering what some of you do with regards to
changing the number of AC3 channels?

It is a hard coded property in the config file, so it is one or the
other across the board..  ffmpeg obviously complains when the channels
in the resultant object are less than the original, but not equal to
or the same.  Do I just need to set it always to 6?  I would prefer
not to because it saves sooooo much transcoding time if the source and
target match.  If I had to transcode all 2 channel to 6 channel, that
would be a great waste of time..

Just looking for best/worst case - thanks!

-Greg