[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for fx5200

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 23:49:44 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Tom Lichti <redpepperracing at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 7:39 PM, mike at grounded.net <mike at grounded.net> wrote:
>> By the way, since I have the card installed again, is it worth giving it one more try?
>> I know it's not showing BIOS but is it at all possible that's because it has no drivers loaded?
>> Guess I can't recall any TV out card ever showing BIOS right from powering on.

> If the card is working properly, and the TV out is all that is
> connected, then yes, it should show the BIOS and boot info on the
> screen.

The 6200 I just tossed would not show the BIOS messages either
(although I blame Gigabyte more than Asus (motherboard mfr vs video
mfr)) ...

Even with the onboard video disabled in the bios, the motherboard
would not let the 6200 show post, but the 6200 would show post in
another motherboard..  May be something similar..  Looking back on it
now, all I can say is that competition is not always a good thing..
AGP is the devil..  I remember being quick to _give_ that pc to my dad
many years ago, and even quicker to throw it in the trash last week
when he bought a new one  :)

-Greg