[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for fx5200

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Tue Oct 5 23:12:56 UTC 2010

> So the 5200 didn't show the bios... not good news it's certainly
> starting to point towards the card being fritzed. It's a long shot but
> it **could** be the S-VIDEO cable, the pins on the connectors are a
> bit delicate & known to bend/break (I've done it myself), so it's
> worth inspecting it and if possible trying it on some other equipment.

In fact, I replaced that connector because you're right, the original one was messed up. I have a hot air/desoldering station from way back when I loved electronics, now I hate it, so replaced it myself.

Just tested that again and nothing shows up when it boots.

> I don't suppose you are lucky enough to have a TV with a SCART
> connector on the back like we have over here are you? (that way you
> can use the VGA output with a simple circuit).

Guess I still don't feel that it's ruled out yet because the breakout cable I've got that converts s-video to composite isn't one I've used in a very long time. I do have one of those things that I did use recently but can't find it. I'll keep looking though.

While the replacement card is on it's way, I'll spend that time putting the new mobo back into the case since the new card is PCI-E.