[mythtv-users] Populate recorded-programme metadata without jamu?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 5 17:36:21 UTC 2010

  On 09/30/2010 03:58 AM, Neil Bird wrote:
>   I have a CentOS-5-base combined backend/frontend running a mostly-
> up-to-date 0.23.1 (via ATrpms).
>
>   I have failed utterly to patch jamu to make it work on that box
> (some have been luckier), and also cannot make an edited copy run on
> my Fedora-12 main PC, which I occasionally use as a front-end
> (previously with 0.23 I had managed to persuade jamu to work by
> removing the am-I-a-backend checks;  now I just get some NoType error,
> and I don't know enough Python to get any further).
>
>   I'm considering moving from the Terra theme to the new one
> (ArcLight?) that supports recorded-programme metadata graphics, but
> would need a way to fetch the metadata without using Jamu.

Just find a picture you like for a fanart background, then name it
appropriately and put it in your fanart folder/SG directory.  So, for
the show titled, "America's Test Kitchen From Cook's Illustrated",
create a file:

America's_Test_Kitchen_From_Cook's_Illustrated_fanart.jpg

Then find a nice picture for your the show's cover art, name it
appropriately, and put it in your coverart folder/SG directory.  So, for
the show titled, "Chuck", create a file:

Chuck_coverart.jpg

Then find a nice picture for your the show's banner, name it
appropriately, and put it in your banner folder/SG directory.  So, for
the show titled, "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation", create a file:

CSI:_Crime_Scene_Investigation_banner.jpg

You can do any or all of these for any show in Watch Recordings.

Mike