[mythtv-users] Themes licenses and vdpau

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 17:20:19 UTC 2010

Well, I swore I would not buy another computer other than a laptop
ever again, but I did anyway for a myth backend.  Once I got that
going, I decided - hmmm, it is close to a TV, so let me throw a gt220
in it and see the difference between vdpau slim and advanced..  WOW..
It'll be hard to watch vdpau slim from a revo again fro sports..

Anyhow, I feel I am ready to start doing the things I need to do to
make this move to myth from directv permanent.  I see the themes are
easily customizable to make do what I want (customized scripted menus,
etc), so my only question is - does anyone know where the licenses are
for them..  I use blue-abstract and arclight exclusively, but need to
make sure I can modify them freely before I get stared.

I can read Arclight's license (gpl2), but since it has restrictions on
font redistribution, it may be a deal breaker..  blue-abstract has no
licensing file included at all AFAIK..

Since mythtv is gpl'ed, are the themes distributed with it
automatically GLP'ed (v2) as well...???

Thanks

-Greg