[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for fx5200

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Oct 5 14:31:27 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, October 05, 2010 08:24:47 am mike at grounded.net wrote:

> That's the next problem, mythbuntu won't install on either of the boards
> I'm using. There aren't any errors, during the initializing process, the
> cursor simply goes into the upper left hand corner and that's it, end of
> install. No logs to check, no errors output, nothing. I found that
> mythdora, the DVD does install so if I can use that, I would be happy to
> do another a nice fresh install with the fx5200 in there.

As I've mentioned here, I have an older machine with a 5700 (very similar to the 5200, and uses the same drivers) that I
use for SD only. It's running Mythdora5, and is as stable as can be. It's essentially an "appliance" at this point, and
since I have newer machines to play with, it doesn't suffer from "screwdriver drift".

Export to DVD works great, none of the problems more recent setups seem to have.

Nothing wrong with installing an older version of anything (OS or Myth) if it works for what you need it for.