[mythtv-users] mythbuntu - restore default /home/user settings

Iain Buchanan iaindb at netspace.net.au
Tue Oct 5 06:21:01 UTC 2010

Hi,

so 7000 mythtv ML messages since I last checked, and I'm trying
Mythbuntu on my BE/FE now (it was easier and more polished than my
previous roll-your-own attempt).

I managed to crash xfce by selecting some window manager theme, and the
only way to log in again was to delete my /home/iain directory (ok,
there was probably another way but I was impatient).

Now, however, I get the default xfce theme, but I want to restore the
default mythbuntu theme.  How do I do that?  Someone on the forum
recommended `sudo apt-get install mythbuntu-desktop`.  I had to add
--force but it didn't seem to do anything visually.

Any ideas on how to restore the mythbuntu xfce settings without
reinstalling mythbuntu completely?

many thanks,

The other day I... uh, no, that wasn't me.
		-- Steven Wright