[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu remote frontend can't connect to server

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 17:45:36 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>> SOLVED! see below

>>> Hi;
>>>
>>> Type: use mysql; first or specify it on the command line.
>>>
>>> Bill
>>
>> that did it!
>> I can now connect locally and remotely using the ip. thanks!!
>>
>> I wonder how/why the passwords for the user needed to be set again?
>
> Sorry - my line had a type..  Iy should have been the mysql database
> for users.  It wasn't the password, it was remote access to the
> database.  I've never tried to connect with mythbuntu before changing
> the access and passwords, so I'm not sure why it didn't set all of
> that up to begin with??

yea, realized that after I reread the thread. I'm still stumped as to
how this hiccup occured, or if it's just how mythbuntu 10.04 comes out
of the box, which may be the case since I ran the reconfigure on both
the database and backend package and neither fixed it(?). My install
of it on my system used my ooooold mythtv db so it may not have been
an issue when I set that machine up.

either way, thanks all for the help, my parents appreciate it! (or
they will once I get this shipped out to them...)

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!