[mythtv-users] Matrox Millennium G400 MAX

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Oct 4 16:51:08 UTC 2010

  On 10/4/2010 12:43, mike at grounded.net wrote:
>>   How did you spend hundreds and still end up with a motherboard that
>>   only supports AGP?  Nobody has sold an AGP board for years.
> Not everything has to be yesterdays technology to try things out. Myth has been around for a very long time. I don't need the all out features and whiz bang functions just to play with it, that's all I want to do so want to use the old stuff I've got on hand.

The simple fact is that the Linux kernel and Xorg are not static.
Anything that is not maintained will eventually rot and become
unusable.  As was indicated, the G400 drivers have not been touched in
over four years.  That card may have worked great four years ago on a
2.6.15 kernel and Xorg 6.9, but as indicated by your troubles, it
appears to not work on a 2.6.35 kernel and Xorg 7.3.  You said this
exact mailing list suggested that card? How old was the thread in which
you found that information?