[mythtv-users] ZOTAC ZBOX Blu-ray HD-ID33 and MythTV

J5K junk5 at klunky.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 15:18:15 UTC 2010

Dear all mythical ones,

    I would like to know whether anyone has run MythTv on the following
all-in-one piece of hardware.  I know that Zotec kit has been used in
the past with MythTV, but this is a new box.  The O/S would be Debian or
Ubuntu.

Presenting the new ZOTAC ZBOX Blu-ray HD-ID33
http://pden.zotac.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=277&category_id=118&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Questions:

1. Will mythTV recognise the integrated Blu-Ray player?

2. Somewhere in the specs I read that it could take a mini-PCI Express
card.  I think that it could use one of these, but I am a little unsure.
Does anyone know if mythTV would understand this card, or are there
preferred ones out there that are known to work with mythTV?
* Mini PCI-e Hybrid DVB-T module
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/243193924/Mini_PCI_e_Hybrid_DVB_T.html

Sadly, I have not seen a mini-PCIe DVB-S card.

Best regards, J