[mythtv-users] KWorld DVB-T PC160-2T Card Not Responding to probe

Anthony Rooney rooneyo at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 4 12:57:38 UTC 2010

Hi

I downloaded and installed fw 5.10 and the probe worked and I was able to
install the card.
I associated it with the Shepherd video source and when I started Live TV I
could see my 1st Tv channel with the Kworld however was not able to change
channel - unable to lock on to a channel even though it reported a good
signal 77%.  I stopped and started the front end a few times but the
performance of the KWorld dual tuner was hopeless compared to the previous
card I tested with a single tuner Divico Fussion.  The KWorld works fine in
windows connected to the same antenna source.

I downloaded FW 4.65 on advice from this forum as a user reported an issue
with 5.10 but this is exactly the same - cannot lock on to a channel.  So
far the Kworld PC 160 is useless with mythTV.

I purchased the Kworld to get a dual tuner having checked in advance if it
is supported with MythTV however I guess it depends on what you determine
"SUPPORTED" means?

Any suggestions?

Kind Regards

Anthony