[mythtv-users] Converting 0.21 to 0.23

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 4 03:16:19 UTC 2010

  On 10/03/2010 10:04 PM, boehm100 wrote:
>> mat wrote:
>> I went from 0.21 to 0.23 a while back.
>> iirc, there are script linked in the wikki that repairs, converts, and
>> handles the DB upgrade... It automates the transition from 0.21, through
>> 0.22 to 0.23.
>>
>> [the author of the scripts should be along soon to post his bi weekly
>> pointers to the wikki pages. *g*]
> Ok, so I'm not and newbie and so I searched hight and low in the wiki and in gossamer-threads.  I can't find any mention of the script your referring to.  Could you elaborate or post a link? Is this link beyond just mythconverg?

Just back up your database (and, if necessary, restore it on the new
hardware/new OS install, and ensure your hostname and IP addresses are
all the same as before the upgrade), and start mythtv-setup and it will
upgrade the database for you.

No scripts required.  I think he was talking about what you would have
to do in the worst-case scenario, in the event your database is
corrupt--a bridge we can cross if it happens to you.  :)

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore

Mike