[mythtv-users] Start Myth frontend on different display?

James Crow crow.jamesm at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 20:03:10 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
>  On 10/3/2010 15:23, Matt Emmott wrote:
>>
>> Is there an easy way to start mythfrontend on my secondary display and
>> have it inherit the screen's resolution?
>
> You can force a resolution and location at boot with '-geometry WWWxHHH+X+Y'

I start myhtfrontend on my secondary display. My system is setup for
TwinView. My primary display is :0.0 and my secondary display is :0.1.
When I start mythfrontend I pass it the option of '-display :0.1'. I
am running mythbuntu 10.04 and I edited the
/etc/mythtv/session-settings file so the last line looks like this:

MYTHFRONTEND_OPTS="-display :0.1"

This allows me to start mythfrontend from a terminal for testing and
have it start on my primary display. If I click on the icon in the
menus and the frontend that starts on login both go to the secondary
monitor automatically.

Cheers,
James