[mythtv-users] Hide or Delete unwanted channels?

Michelle Dupuis mdupuis at ocg.ca
Sun Oct 3 15:30:06 UTC 2010

I have my satellite (ExpressVu) hooked up to Myth.  Being in Canada we have lots of French channels which are of no interest to me.  Even worse, when myth is set to record a show in any channel it sometimes records the french version if the show title is the same.

So, I'm using the modchanel script from www.generationd.com which can hide/delete channels based on rules etc.  I've created a config file listing all the french channels by callsign (in case the move number), but now I'm wondering:

1. If I delete the channels with mythfilldatabase just add them back?
2. If I hide the channels with myth still use them to find shows to record?  (i.e. just hide form the EPG)?

Thanks,
MD