[mythtv-users] Database woes..

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 03:21:13 UTC 2010

I rebooted my system so I could use a new kernel for my VMs this
evening.  After the reboot, the mythtv recorded table had issues.  I
guess it was my fault I did not investigate further before blindly
running the optimize/repair script, which just basically tells mysql
to repair the tables..  Little did I know, it was just going to
truncaet it for me..!.!.!.!.!

And of course my cronjob to back it up each night has been forgotten
on this install (but in place now)..

2010-10-02 21:52:16.202 Error preparing query: SELECT recorded.chanid,
starttime,   endtime,            title,           subtitle,
description,        hostname,        channum,     name,
callsign,        seriesid,    programid,
recorded.recpriority,         progstart,          progend,
filesize,    recgroup,           storagegroup,    basename FROM
recorded LEFT JOIN channel ON recorded.chanid = channel.chanid WHERE
recgroup = 'LiveTV' AND endtime < DATE_ADD(starttime, INTERVAL '2'
MINUTE) AND endtime <= DATE_ADD(NOW(), INTERVAL '-1' MINUTE)  AND
deletepending = 0 ORDER BY autoexpire DESC, starttime ASC
2010-10-02 21:52:16.204 Driver error was [2/144]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to prepare statement
Database error was:
Table './mythconverg/recorded' is marked as crashed and last
(automatic?) repair failed

Is myth.rebuilddatabase.pl the best way to go about repopulating it?
We have not watched any of our shows from the week, and I might be
killed before I get to go back to work monday and get out of the line
of fire  :)  Would it be better to rename them to something
show-centric and use mythvideo to pull down metadata?

Thanks for any tips.

-Greg