[mythtv-users] L A M C vs L M S C

bram kortleven bram at bramkortleven.be
Sat Oct 2 18:22:09 UTC 2010

I always used to have LAMC when I connected to a stream (C for encryption OK), but a few days ago, I noticed the message changed to LMSC for a couple of channels...

I've never understood the full meaning of the LAMC and LMSC (except that L is for Lock and C is for encryption, whereas capital letters are for status "successful" and small letters stand for 'problems'...)

Is there anyone that can clear the other letters to me? Especially the difference between LAMC status and LMSC...?

The channels giving me the LMSC status are troublesome now: video plays at about double the speed and audio is coming behind, with bits and pieces being left out (not doubled in speed, just skipping fragments from time to time)

I am using TT S-1500 and S2-3200 cards on Ubuntu (have tested with 9.10 and 10.04) both on packaged MythTV 0.22 and 0.23
I am using TV Vlaanderen (in Belgium) with encryption, and a matching card. This setup has been functional for over a year, nothing changed, and beginning from last week I started having the video/audio issues and the LMSC text...

Thanks for the clarification and help.

Bram

--
This email was Virus checked by Astaro Security Gateway. http://www.astaro.com