[mythtv-users] Export to MPG without re-compressing

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Fri Oct 1 23:34:27 UTC 2010

  Hello all,

Can someone tell me if there's a way to export TV recordings to MPG (or
any other standard format) without re-compressing? I have several
recordings that I'd like to take off of my system and archive away. I
don't want to re-compress them to do this though. I'd like to keep the
quality as high as possible.

If I can also use cut points to get rid of commercials and footage
before and after the programs begin, that would be great. But my guess
is that I can't do that without re-compressing.

Can I export the files to MPG?

Cheers
Damian