[mythtv-users] Schedule recordings within a daily time window

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Fri Oct 1 17:43:44 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 12:28 PM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 06:23:43PM +0200, Michael PARKER wrote:
> > Is it possible to restrict scheduled recordings to a user-specified daily
> time window/slot?
> >
> > I'm currently grabbing input from a cable STB and wish for some "filler"
> recordings to only happen whilst we're unlikely to be watching TV
> (midnight-6am).
> >
> > Can this be done by means of a filter? Or something else?
>
>    You could set up a custom rule to filter based on start time and end
> time.
>
>    I just set recording priorities and set higher priorities for the stuff
> that isn't filler. I took the same approach with Tivo.

I don't think there is a straight forward way to do this, in mythtv itelf.
But you could easily create a CRON job to stop the backend during a specific
period.  If that's not too heavy handed.

Sounds like you are not doing all of your TV watching via MythTV?  Why have
mythtv if not to record your favorite shows!