[mythtv-users] Rip DVDs that are already on disk

Purple Streak mrpurplestreak at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 1 16:42:57 UTC 2010

I've just got a mythtv backend/frontend running (same machine right
now) and would like to store my DVDs there for ease of use.  However I
don't have a working DVD player in the same box so when I try and use
MythVideo to rip them it can't find the DVD.

I can rip the DVDs on another machine and copy them across - but then
is it possible to get Mythvideo to "rip" from the  and store them in
it's own file structure?  Or if not can I place the .vob files
somewhere MythTv will pick them up and stream them to me?

Thanks.