[mythtv-users] How to watch recordings on a laptop

Christian Arnaut n8tgc at msn.com
Fri Oct 1 16:20:58 UTC 2010

I concur with Joseph regarding making sure your network is up to the task. I regularly watch the native MPEG transport streams on a Windows XP machine with VLC 1.0.2.

I have the asx file type defined to use VLC. Then from Mythweb's Recorded Programs, click on 'ASX Stream' and I'm off and running. I like VLC because it allows QC'ing of the captions. Uncompressed HD run's a sustained 10 MB/s.

Since you stated that this is a laptop. Is it safe to assume that you're on a wireless connection?

~Chris