[mythtv-users] New thin MythTV frontend?: QNAP NMP1000 Media Player

Patrick Davila pdavila at thelinuxlink.net
Fri Oct 1 13:12:46 UTC 2010

QNAP is releasing a Sigma based media player:
http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Qnap-NMP1000P/
http://www.qnap.com/pro_detail_feature.asp?p_id=117

What makes this different than the other Sigma based media player is that
it's from QNAP who pride themselves on being a Linux based company.

I own a QNAP TS419P NAS that can run vanilla Debian:
http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/qnap/ts-41x/

Granted my NAS is ARM based while this media player is MIPS. Debian does
actively support a MIPS port.

If under $200 this could make a sweet MythTV frontend especially if we can
get Debian or another Linux variant running on it.

Any thoughts?

Pat

--
http://tllts.org/ - The Linux Link Tech Show