[mythtv-users] kernel upgrades (Was: (no subject))

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Oct 1 13:01:36 UTC 2010

Brian J. Murrell wrote:

>  > > My kernel version is 2.6.32. Should I upgrade to 2.6.35.7 that I found
>>  > as the latest stable Kernel? And how is possible to upgrade, I can not
>>  > make internet connections either. Thanks.
>>
>>  I would.
>>
>>  Please...use a proper subject when posting to the list.
>
>And post to a list where your question is relevant.  This is not a
>general-linux-help list.  There ass-barn-loads of lists for that so no
>need to overload this list with such general help questions.

Sorry but I have to say this, that attitude is one of the reasons
many people won't try/don't stick with Linux. It's entirely negative
and does nothing other than tell someone that in your opinion they
aren't worthy of being allowed into the group.

I took the question as related to his earlier one regarding drivers
for his capture card/device - as in "should I upgrade my kernel to
support it ?". As such it's not totally irrelevant here (though a
Video 4 Linux list/forum would be more appropriate).

This guy is clearly new around these parts and lost. A helpful
response would be to point him in the right direction, not wave a
shotgun and shout "get orrf me land" !

--
Simon Hobson