[mythtv-users] sending IR signal on screensaver activation

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 22:08:11 UTC 2010

Hi,

I would like to setup my system so that when the power management
screensaver fades the screensaver to black an IR signal is sent to
turn off my a/v receiver. when a remote button is pressed, the
screensaver would turn off and another IR signal would be sent to turn
it back on.

Anyone any ideas how I would do this?

I am running ubuntu 9.10 with 0.23-fixes but will upgrade at some
point to 10.04 and 0.24-fixes.

The AV receiver is in a cupboard and none of the settings are changed
on it... it sits there on the same input at the same volume (using
myth to control the digital volume - its connected with a digital/coax
link).