[mythtv-users] mythweb fails when searching for "other showing of a program"

Oz Dror odror7 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 08:10:52 UTC 2010

> You shouldn't (have to) do that, if I had to guess I would say that
> something is causing the hostname not to be retrieved properly on that
> PC, did you try setting the hostname in /etc/httpd/conf.d/mythweb.conf?

In ubuntu it is actually called  /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/mythweb.conf

The command hostname works fine
so I do not need to

# hostname
my_host_name

as seen on /etc/hosts with ip 192.168.0.4

> BTW, what do you have for the following parameters in
> /etc/httpd/conf.d/mythweb.conf: db_server, db_name, db_login,
> db_password? That's what tells MythWeb where the database is and how to
> access it so if it's wrong it could cause weird problems....

 also on /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/mythweb.conf

            setenv db_server        "localhost"
            setenv db_name          "mythconverg"
            setenv db_login         "myLoginname"
            setenv db_password      "mypasswd"

mythweb have no problem accessing the db for things that are not
related to channel listing or search for example

upcoming recording and recorded programs works fine, also mythfrontend
has no issues.

Thanks for your help