[mythtv-users] Upgrade to mythtv 0.23.1-0.0lenny2 causes me to loose audio
Jean-Yves Avenard
jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 01:55:34 UTC 2010
Hi
On 30 November 2010 04:06, Tom Epperly <tepperly at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I checked the mythtv-setup, and I didn't really see anything related to
> audio output. The frontend setup menus include:
> Audio output device: /dev/dsp
does '/dev/dsp' eactually exist on your system? (I know OSS was
disabled in recent ubuntu 10.10)
> Speakers configuration: Stereo
> Advanced Audio Configuration: unclicked
> Use internal volume controls: checked
> Mixer Device: /dev/mixer
> Mixer Controls: PCM
> There doesn't seem to be an option related to the PVR-350's sound output.
>
> This link, http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/hauppauge_PVR-350, says that with
> MythTV 0.23, the PVR-350 mpeg2 decoder (playback) is no longer supported. I
> think my system was setup to use the PVR-350's decoder capabilities. Is this
> the likely source of the problem?
>
> I tried plugging some speakers into the sound card jack, and sure enough the
> sound is there. The connection to the TV is via RCA jacks. Is the simplest
> solution to get a stereo 1/8" inch plug to RCA jacks adapter?
so it's just a matter of configuring your sound card, try switching to
ALSA instead and configure with alsamixer the volumes of all output
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list