[mythtv-users] mythbackend still eats memory: the current status

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 29 17:13:58 UTC 2010

On 2010-11-28 12:43, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
>> The trend was already clear, so maybe you want a graph?
>
> Yes it was pretty clear.  For 24 data points straight, the memory use
> was constant.

That might be the case but that number grew since that period.
Why?
The app has been recording for a while before then and since then so why
would it allocate more memory?

> own stats are disproving your theory.  24 days with absolutely no
> change in VSZ indicates no memory leak whatsoever for 24 days.

That might be the case but that number grew since that period.
Why?

> After that, it grew a bit, likely due to different schedule data or something...

Same feed as ever, same updating schedule, same source, same multiplex,
same stations, etc, etc. Same.

> If you are going to claim that we are leaking memory, you need to
> prove it.

You might as well explain why it isn't leaking, that would be easier.
I just see numbers increasing when I do not expect them to be increasing
(after a `short` while of running...).

> kilobytes, which really isn't terribly significant.

A leak is a leak.

> It's in svn.  I'm pretty sure that the spec file in there is
> reasonably up-to-date.

Thanks, see my other reply. I can build 0.24 now.

Kind regards,
Udo