[mythtv-users] DirecTV HTTP Server

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 16:43:13 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 7:26 AM, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 9:18 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 8:41 PM, jmk <jmk at foofus.net> wrote:
>> <SNIP>
>>>
>>> I noticed that my OSD had an icon for "SD" for the program. What does the Myth use to determine if an SD or an HD icon should be shown?
>>>
>> <SNIP>
>>
>> I just noticed this thread so I don't know what you guys are up to.
>> Anyway, there is a configuration option in the H21 that says to hide
>> SD channels in the guide if an HD version exists. That works, but
>> possibly it doesn't prohibit you from tuning the SD version even when
>> it's hidden? The SD version always appears before the HD version if
>> they are both enabled. Confusingly, the channel list shows them both
>> as the same channel number.
>
> Yep, I forgot all about that since ours have been that way for so
> long.  I do know that with "hide SD" selected, I have never tuned a SD
> channel with the hdpvr though.  I assume the hide option is what does
> it since tuning with the remote never tunes SD either.

So I guess we need to hear from Joe on how he's set.

Another thought was the 'TV Format' function that switches between all
the resolutions. Maybe that's involved?

I'm still not exactly clear what's going on here. You are tuning the
D-TV H21/H23 over Ethernet. How are you watching and how are you
recording? If someone has HDMI hooked to their flat screen but at the
same time is using component video to some external device like a PVR
for recording then do we know that the signal quality is identical
between those two interfaces? (1080p only over HDMI I think?)

I don't have an HDMI set so I cannot look at anything. (short of
hooking it to a computer monitor or something...) My big screen is
quite old so it only does 480p/960i so even there it's not much of a
monitor and I might not expect anything to look much different based
on HD vs SD. (Sad face) :-((

- Mark