[mythtv-users] From 0.22 to 0.24 via JYA's repos

Alan Ferrero alanf at tin.it
Mon Nov 29 12:46:25 UTC 2010

Hi all! :)

Since I'm still running Mythbuntu 9.10 (64 bit) and don't wish to
upgrade to 10.04/10.10, I added (as suggested by the List) the JYA's
repos to my system in order to upgrade MythTV (version 0.22) to the new
0.24 (because, as you know, the official auto-builds service doesn't
provide it for 9.10).

However, when I launch Update Manager, a message pops up telling me that
only a "partial upgrade" can be performed (i.e. some MythTV packages are
checked, while the others aren't).

What does it mean and what can I do?

Also, as far as I have learnt, the correct procedure to upgrade MythTV
is the following:

1) exit the front-end
2) back-up the database
3) stop the back-end
4) upgrade MythTV
5) run the MythTV setup (and check everything is OK :))
6) start the back-end and front-end

Is that all, or there's something else you suggest/recommend?

Thanks a lot for the help! :)

Alan