[mythtv-users] Not impressed with the iMON remote

dargllun dargllun at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 29 07:42:01 UTC 2010

On 28.11.2010 23:16, Christian Szpilfogel wrote:
> I don't see any controversy as to which is better. I use both (two
> frontends) and they work equally well. The iMon I think actually has
> more codes to work with if that matters to you. But honestly, why bother
> to switch an iMon to RC6 If you have a Harmony remote?

There were people experiencing inconsistent events in iMON mode, which
went away when switching to RC6. There is a large variety of devices out
there, which don't all behave the same. What works for doesn't always
work for others. I'm still very ambivalent about the soundgraph hw, even
though it's working quite ok now, I probably wouldn't go again for this
LCD since it doesn't look very nice (too much backlight, to little
contrast, and the tunables for this don't really help a lot) I guess
I'll have to see for myself what's best for me. Wouldn't mind keeping
working in iMON mode, though, if only to keep my lircrc.

> Also the iMon always needs power to pick up the power on IR code and it
> obtains this directly from the PSU even when the system is powered down
> (it is a trickle so don't panic :) ). I think you mean to say if you
> switch the PSU off or disconnect the cord. I personally always shutdown
> when I'm done instead of suspend and the iMon powers up from cold just
> fine.

Yeah, the issue really is only one if you switch your system off
completely, like with a 230V switch. I only go to suspend for faster
bring up, this is one of the few energy wasters I afford myself. :)
Thanks for the confirmation though.