[mythtv-users] Sluggish Video

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Mon Nov 29 03:00:20 UTC 2010


How can I tell if the driver is the correct one or not? I don't see the version number I installed anywhere which was x86-173.14.28,


On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 17:37:09 -0600, Robert Johnston wrote:
> On 28/11/2010 5:19 PM, mike at grounded.net wrote:
> 
>> I rebooted and that seemed to help.
>> 
>> PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
>> 1630 root      20   0 72528  47m  23m R 98.1  2.4   1:19.08 Xorg
>> 
> 98.1% CPU Usage? What driver are you using? It looks like the OpenGL
> work is being done in software. Run glxinfo to see if you're using the
> NVidia OpenGL implementation, or if it's fallen back to Mesa. You may
> have installed the NVidia driver, but you may still be using the NV
> driver. Check your Xorg.0.log file to see what drivers it's loading, and
> look in your xorg.conf (or /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d) to see if it's
> being overridden in there.




More information about the mythtv-users mailing list