[mythtv-users] Mythweb cannot view video files

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 21:47:57 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Kevon <mythtv at reidsresidence.com> wrote:
>> No, MythWeb requires that your videos be storage group hosted, period.
>>  I strongly recommend moving towards learning/adapting to the internal
>> player.  If you have playback issues, please open tickets with samples
>> (after first troubleshooting here).
>>
>> Robert
>>
> Storage group migration is in my future plans. Unfortunately, I'm still
> a bit hesitant due to my large collection of videos of varying formats.

Better to have an opportunity to discover any issues and have them
fixed in advance for you than to wait until the decision is thrust
upon you and find yourself having to catch up :)

FWIW I have a wide variety of video files, samples, and discs from a
variety of sources and the internal player plays them all flawlessly.

Robert