[mythtv-users] 0.24 on OSX: HD playback problems

TJ Harris tjharris at weaselworkz.com
Sun Nov 28 19:50:44 UTC 2010

More issues when trying to play HD programs on my nvidia-based Mac Mini:

U.S. ATSC MPEG2 720p programs play very choppy,  verbose playback
gives tons of messages saying "Video is x.yy frames behind audio (too
slow), dropping frames to catch up."
 I had some of this on 0.23-fixes too, but it seems worse with 0.24.

1080i: Sometimes it plays fine, other times half the screen will be
covered by a bright red or gray region.  It will go away momentarily,
then come back, so I can see fragments of the video attempting to
play.     Prior to the 0.24 upgrade, 1080i played with no problems on
0.23-fixes.

Anyone else seeing this?

0.24 works well on my Linux frontend, but the Mac version seems to
have some issues remaining.