[mythtv-users] recordedseek table content

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Nov 28 13:33:26 UTC 2010

On 11/28/2010 07:52, Wieslaw Kierbedz wrote:
> Hi.
> I found that table as much biger than others.
> I'd like to clear it but I'm not sure what it contains.
> Is that safe to reset recordedseek table?

The recordedseek table holds.... seek data for recordings.  It's a
record of the byte location of every keyframe for every currently
existing recording.  It allows MythTV to do rapid byte-exact seeking
without resorting to the traditional trial and error.

Why are you looking for database tables to 'reset'?  You're not actually
concerned with the few MB the database consumes, compared to the several
GB required for each recording, are you?