[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.24 and vsync on Nvidia / Fedora 14 / RPMFusion

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Sat Nov 27 17:09:04 UTC 2010

I did a search of the wiki and mailing list on this problem, but did not
find anything relevant to my situation.

I just updated my 3 Myth boxes to Fedora 14 and MythTV 0.24 from
RPMFusion over the last couple of days.  I've been running MythTV on
Fedora since FC6 and MythTV 0.18 (I think) back in 2005, and I've always
been able to solve the little problems that crop up during upgrades,
until this time.

The upgrade was exceptionally smooth and trouble-free, except for one
minor annoyance with playback on all front ends - my video timing method
has gone from "SGI OpenGL" to "USleep with busy wait".  I had tackled
and solved this problem several years ago, and I thought I remembered
having to enable OpenGL Vsync in the Nvidia driver via the
Nvidia-settings program, which I confirmed was still on, but to no avail.

I am running version 260.19.12 of the nvidia driver, and the version
string from my log file is 0.24-0.2.rc2.fc14 (r26998) - both of these
are from rpmfusion.org.  Now I know that the version of myth in
rpmfusion has "rc2" in it's version string, so it seems that maybe this
isn't quite the latest version, so I'm not sure if that is a
contributing factor or not.

I'm running 3 different - but similar - Nvidia graphics cards - one is
an integrated GPU 6150, another is an AGP 6200, and the third is a
PCI-Express 6200, all have the same issue, all on the same version of
Fedora / MythTV / Nvidia driver.

I know that in years past, the Nvidia driver has broken the OpenGL
vsync, but I didn't notice any reports of it recently.

I've attached the output of mythfrontend -v playback - if anyone could
spot anything I'm missing to get my OpenGL video sync working again, I'd
appreciate it.

Thanks.