[mythtv-users] remote power button intercepted

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sat Nov 27 16:27:50 UTC 2010

I just upgraded an old frontend from Fedora 10 to Fedora 14 (one release
at a time). It looked good at first, but I've got two problems. One is
that the watch recordings screen is blank even after setting up the
config.xml file, but that problem I think I'll be able to solve
eventually.

I also can't get the Streamzap remote to work quite right. The OK button
doesn't work at all (but the return key on the keyboard does). If I run
irw, the OK button press is seen and recognized correctly.  And, the
power button brings up the GNOME shutdown dialog. Something is
intercepting the power button at a very low level. I killed off Xorg and
lircd, and still when I push the power button on the remote, something
executes the shutdown command. How can I stop it from doing that? I have
been Googling and playing around for a couple of hours now without
success. This does not happen on my Fedora 13 backend. The only thing I
found Googling was someone asking the same question about the power
button intercept in the Ubuntu forum but not getting any response.

Thank you,

--Greg