[mythtv-users] NAS Hibernation

dargllun dargllun at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 27 08:42:45 UTC 2010

Hello,

I have a NAS in the basement which puts the disks in hibernate mode
after 30m to save on energy and prolong disk lifetime.

I was wondering if mythtv (video, music, gallery) supports NAS storages
in such a way that the NAS directories are only accessed the instant I
actually want to watch or listen to material. I once added a NAS NFS
mount to the gallery path (like /var/lib/mythtv/photos:/mynas/photos)
and found, that when starting the frontend, mythgalery would instantly
enter all configured photo directories, thus waking up the NAS
needlessly. I haven't tried with videos or music.

What are my options?

Thanks!
greg