[mythtv-users] Myth 0.24

Andrew C. Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Sat Nov 27 04:19:04 UTC 2010

On 26/11/2010 10:51 AM, Brent Bolin wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 9:15 PM, Donn Washburn<n5xwb at comcast.net>  wrote:
>> I am new to this list so here goes.
>>
>> I have Myth 0.24 that I was going to try to compile and install.  However, .configure using a script I made from "./configure --help 1>file" and then using vi edited file.  Problem is when run I run it I get a cross compile error - problem is I am not cross compiling at all.  One CPU and one machine.  Which variables from "./configure --help" would give this problem.
> How many on this list are compiling mythtv from source?
>
> And if so what distribution are you using?
All machines myth compiled from source, generally updated to latest svn
trunk every 2-3 weeks, sometimes sooner, sometimes later, just depends
on the bugs/waf ratio.

Dedicated master backend: Gentoo (10.0 ~amd64)
slave backend: Gentoo (10.0 amd64) - slated for retirement shortly.
Primary front end: LFS, net booted off a ClearOS machince.
Other front end: Gentoo / LFS.

Technically the Primary frontend was once upon a time a Gentoo box as
well, but its been pretty much rebuilt and all the Gentoo bits stripped
out of it.

So, why do you ask?