[mythtv-users] satellite tuner card

Emmanuel eallaud at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 00:51:45 UTC 2010


Andre a écrit :
> On 26 Nov 2010, at 10:22, James Thorpe wrote:
>
>   
>> On 26/11/2010 08:58, Richard Morton wrote:
>>     
>>> Novas2hd here with static dish and happy here also...
>>>
>>>
>>>       
>> +1 for Nova HD S2 - have two installed, but again on fixed dish.  Only "gotcha" was making sure the firmware was in place, everything else has been flawless.
>>     
>
> I have had trouble with the HD-S2 (and HVR-4000) on certain, mostly Intel, motherboards where the IRQ sharing was a problem causing regular glitches in recordings.
> With the right motherboard they work well, provided you are not wanting Scandinavian (and Portugese too I think) HD services where they have very high symbol rates >40Msym/s.
>   
Oh I am not alone trying to tune to these kinds of HD channels: here 
they are all on one transponder which is QPSK, DVB-S2 but at 45Msym/s! I 
got a tip on an upcoming dvb-s2 card from TBS, the 6921 or 8921 which 
supposedly can tune to transponder with such high rates. IIRC it should 
be released at beginning of december, but I must admit I'll wait and see 
abit that some more adventurous people try it to see if the combination 
hardware/drivers is able to live up to their claims.
Bye
Manu


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list