[mythtv-users] mythweb not working .. modules_path ?]

James Kaufman jmk at kaufman.eden-prairie.mn.us
Sat Nov 27 00:22:30 UTC 2010

On 11/26/2010 12:57 PM, Brock Haywood wrote:
> It should be done in mythweb/includes/defines.php.
>
> The problem that I had was that php was throwing an error before it gets
> defined. In my case, it was permissions. I have also seen it when there
> is a php dependency problem.  I figured it out by putting in trace
> statements starting from where modules_path is defined and working
> backwards like such:
> 	echo("here");
> 	exit(0);
>
> And then once that statement is actually executed (the page doesn't
> die), I was able to determine what the error was.  If you use a quasi
> binary search to find out where it is able to run, it shouldn't take too
> long. Not pretty, but it ultimately worked.
>
> bh

Using the echo idea, I found that the module named db_update.php checks
the db schema and tries to update it if it is less than 2.

                 setting('WebPrefer_Channum', null, 1);
                 setting('WebDBSchemaVer',    null, ++$db_vers);

For whatever reason, it was not able to update the WebDBSchemaVer to 2
and that was the problem. I manually updated the db (don't shoot me) and
now MythWeb appears to be working.